Our Support Office in Central Auckland are looking for a Programmes Assistant to join our dedicated team.
Hours are dependent on the operations department’s workload. It is estimated that you will be required for around 10-15 hours a week over 2-3 days.
The role can offer the right candidate flexibility in the days and hours they are available to work and would suit a student who is looking for a role to fit around their classes and study commitments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with our Programme Manager by processing equipment and paperwork to ensure residents and staff can access our personalised music and resident wellbeing programmes
- Updating relevant data and managing various pieces of stock (regular stocktaking and ordering form suppliers)
- Packaging and arranging equipment to be delivered by our partnered courier service
- Working with our leisure teams and residents at our Auckland villages and Care Centres to support the smooth running of our wellbeing projects
- Supporting the creation of staff training materials and uploading content to our staff intranet.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous relevant experience, such as an office admin or customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft & Apple software such as MS Teams, iMovie & iTunes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A warm and friendly nature and ability to connect with people from all walks of life
- Flexibility, the ability to multitask and excellent time management skills
- A full NZ drivers license.
Who we are
We’re the proud owner and operator of 44 Villages across New Zealand, providing Village and Aged Care Living. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents.
At Oceania, we build villages, not just homes. Places designed to enable our residents to live the way they always have, with value, purpose and connection to the things that matter most. We're led by them, and it's this shared belief in better that makes our approach different.
We Kiwis have a proud tradition of striving for better. That's why we're reimagining the retirement living and aged care experience.
What we offer
This belief in better means we are committed to supporting you to learn and do better, and will provide you with:
- A safe and healthy working environment with access to a free, confidential support service
- Opportunities for ongoing development and career progression
- Employee shares, at no cost, for permanent employees
- Access to a range of great staff discounts with our suppliers.
No matter your role within the Oceania team, we all share the same dedication to providing expert and personalised care for the people that once cared for us.
We strive to do better every day. Apply now and become part of our journey.