Our Eversley Residential Care site in Hastings are looking for a part time Kitchen Assistant to join their dedicated team. The role is for afternoon shifts, from 4.45pm until 7pm, 3 days a week. There will also be more work available in the mornings over the holiday period.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting with meal preparation and general kitchen duties
- Assisting the healthcare team in serving our residents
- Delivering top class customer service to a high standard and quality
- Constantly learning and developing your skills/knowledge.
What you’ll bring:
- Compassion and respect for residents at Eversley
- Enthusiasm and a good sense of humor
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience in a similar role
- A passion for preparing food that not only looks great but tastes amazing
- Experience delivering a high level of customer service
- The flexibility to multitask and manage your time effectively
- A team first attitude with great communication skills
- Strong organisation skills with an eye for detail
- The ability to follow set cleaning procedures
- The ability to work on a rostered shift basis
- The right to work in New Zealand.
Who we are
We’re the proud owner and operator of 44 Villages across New Zealand, providing Village and Aged Care Living. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents.
At Oceania, we build villages, not just homes. Places designed to enable our residents to live the way they always have, with value, purpose and connection to the things that matter most. We're led by them, and it's this shared belief in better that makes our approach different.
We Kiwis have a proud tradition of striving for better. That's why we're reimagining the retirement living and aged care experience.
What we offer
This belief in better means we are committed to supporting you to learn and do better, and will provide you with:
- A safe and healthy working environment with access to a free, confidential support service
- Opportunities for ongoing development and career progression
- Employee shares, at no cost, for permanent employees
- Access to a range of great staff discounts with our suppliers.
No matter your role within the Oceania team, we all share the same dedication to providing expert and personalised care for the people that once cared for us.
We strive to do better every day. Apply now and become part of our journey.