Our Oceania Healthcare - Heretaunga in Silverstream, Upper Hutt are looking for a Casual Activities Assistant to join their dedicated team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with our Diversional Therapist to create and implement fun and varied activities programmes for our residents
- Understanding residents’ needs and abilities and encouraging them to take part in activities
- Following our company policies and procedures to create a safe environment for our residents.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience in planning and coordinating activities
- Great people skills with empathy for the elderly
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- A vibrant and energetic personality
- A clean NZ drivers’ licence
- Flexible multitasking skills
- The ability to work in the weekends.
Who we are
We’re the proud owner and operator of 44 Villages across New Zealand, providing Village and Aged Care Living. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents.
At Oceania, we build villages, not just homes. Places designed to enable our residents to live the way they always have, with value, purpose and connection to the things that matter most. We're led by them, and it's this shared belief in better that makes our approach different.
We Kiwis have a proud tradition of striving for better. That's why we're reimagining the retirement living and aged care experience.
What we offer
This belief in better means we are committed to supporting you to learn and do better, and will provide you with:
- A safe and healthy working environment with access to a free, confidential support service
- Opportunities for ongoing development and career progression
- Employee shares, at no cost, for permanent employees.
No matter your role within the Oceania team, we all share the same dedication to providing expert and personalised care for the people that once cared for us.
We strive to do better every day. Apply now and become part of our journey.