The addition of the Nurse Practitioner role is an important new part of our clinical team and will provide primary care services and oversee the delivery of complex clinical needs across our care centres.
We understand the enormous value that the Nurse Practitioners bring to supporting the nursing team and therefore are seeking Nurse Practitioners who can deliver high quality primary care and nursing services within an aged care context.
We are establishing positions New Zealand wide, and welcome expressions of interest or applications from Nurse Practitioners in Auckland, Waikato, Hawkes Bay, Nelson, and Christchurch.
What you’ll be doing:
As a nurse practitioner you will work across a group of care centres to:
- Provide primary care services to our residents
- Oversee the treatment and care planning of residents with complex health problems, including assessment, diagnosis, and prescribing medications and therapeutic interventions
- Create and maintain links with DHB specialist services
- Provide professional supervision and mentoring to RNs to ensure that care is informed by the latest international evidence
- Lead clinical quality improvement programmes and practices, including monitoring, auditing and reviews of case records.
What you’ll bring:
Successful applicants will be committed to providing clinical excellence, with special interest in gerontology, and be natural clinical leaders who value collaboration and teamwork. Experience practising in the primary care sector will be an advantage. You must be registered with the Nursing Council in the Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice with a valid practising certificate and be willing to travel regularly between assigned facilities in the region.
Who we are
We’re the proud owner and operator of 44 Villages across New Zealand, providing Village and Aged Care Living. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents.
At Oceania, we build villages, not just homes. Places designed to enable our residents to live the way they always have, with value, purpose and connection to the things that matter most. We're led by them, and it's this shared belief in better that makes our approach different.
We Kiwis have a proud tradition of striving for better. That's why we're reimagining the retirement living and aged care experience.
What we offer
This belief in better means we are committed to supporting you to learn and do better, and will provide you with:
- Indemnity insurance cover and APC reimbursement
- A clinical career pathway to support your ongoing development and career progression
- Formal PDRP programme, supported by our Clinical Education team
- A safe and healthy working environment with access to a free, confidential support service
- A pair of custom Oceania Allbirds shoes
- Employee shares, at no cost, for permanent employees
- Access to a range of great staff discounts with our suppliers.
No matter your role within the Oceania team, we all share the same dedication to providing expert and personalised care for the people that once cared for us.
We strive to do better every day. Apply now and become part of our journey.