Our Residential Care Facility, Eversley, in Hastings are looking for a full time Chef to join their talented kitchen team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Expressing your creativity and passion for cooking
- Delivering top class customer service to a high standard and quality
- Supporting the provisions of foodservice operations under the direction of senior management.
- Constantly learning and developing your skills/knowledge
- Working hours that will allow you to maintain a healthy work life balance.
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for cooking and serving meals that not only look great but taste amazing
- A completed culinary apprenticeship, or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer and people relationship skills
- Safe food hygiene handling certificates Safe Food NZQA 167, 168, 20666 or 27955
- A positive 'can do attitude', always ready to go the extra mile
- A team first attitude
- Strong time management and leadership skills - you're someone who takes ownership and accountability
- Respect for resident confidentiality
- The ability to work rostered shifts
- The right to work in NZ.
Who we are
We’re the proud owner and operator of 44 Villages across New Zealand, providing Village and Aged Care Living. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents.
At Oceania, we build villages, not just homes. Places designed to enable our residents to live the way they always have, with value, purpose and connection to the things that matter most. We're led by them, and it's this shared belief in better that makes our approach different.
We Kiwis have a proud tradition of striving for better. That's why we're reimagining the retirement living and aged care experience.
What we offer
This belief in better means we are committed to supporting you to learn and do better, and will provide you with:
- A safe and healthy working environment with access to a free, confidential support service
- Opportunities for ongoing development and career progression
- Employee shares, at no cost, for permanent employees
- Access to a range of great staff discounts with our suppliers.
No matter your role within the Oceania team, we all share the same dedication to providing expert and personalised care for the people that once cared for us.
We strive to do better every day. Apply now and become part of our journey.