Our St Johns Wood retirement and aged care centre in Taupo are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Manager to join their team.
Forget what you know about aged care food, at Oceania, we are using cutting edge techniques to create flavoursome food for our residents. This means that you will:
- Be able to express your creativity and passion for cooking
- Be involved in changing the impression of food in Care Centres
- Lead a hard-working kitchen team
- Receive training and support from our National Culinary Manager
- Have full time hours that allow you to maintain a healthy work life balance.
Working in a team environment, your role is to support the provisions of food service operations under the direction of senior management.
Leading a dedicated team, you will be passionate about cooking and serving meals that not only look good but tastes amazing. Kindness and care of needs of the residents comes naturally to you. You will be a team player, with a positive 'can do attitude' who is always ready to go the extra mile.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- A culinary qualification, or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer and people relationship skills
- Safe food hygiene handling certificates Safe Food NZQA 167, 168, 20666 or 27955
- Respect for resident confidentiality
- Excellent time management and leadership skills
- Passion and commitment
- The right to work in New Zealand.
We are a leading provider of aged care services, with over 40 sites across New Zealand. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents.
At Oceania, we build villages, not just homes. Places designed to enable our residents to live the way they always have, with value, purpose and connection to the things that matter most. We're led by them, and it's this shared belief in better that makes our approach different.
We Kiwis have a proud tradition of striving for better, which doesn't stop, no matter our age. That's why we're reimagining the retirement living and aged care experience. Because you've always strived for better, so do we.
Take the next step and apply today.