Our Awatere care centre in Hamilton are looking for an enthusiastic Cook to join their team, working 16 hours per week, days are negotiable.
Working in a supportive team environment, your role is to support the provisions of foodservice operations under the direction of senior management.
Forget what you know about aged care food, at Oceania, we are using cutting edge techniques to create flavoursome food for our residents. You will be passionate about cooking and serving meals that not only looks good but tastes amazing. Meeting the needs of our residents comes naturally to you, you will be a team player, with a positive 'can do attitude' who is always ready to go the extra mile.
What you'll bring:
- A culinary apprenticeship, or equivalent experience
- Experience cooking in large quantities
- Excellent customer and people relationship skills
- Safe food hygiene handling certificates Safe Food NZQA 167, 168, 20666 or 27955
- Respect for resident confidentiality
- Ownership and accountability
- Good time management and leadership skills
- Passion and commitment
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
We are a leading provider of aged care services, with over 40 sites across New Zealand dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents.
At Oceania, we build villages, not just homes. Places designed to enable our residents to live the way they always have, with value, purpose and connection to the things that matter most. We're led by them, and it's this shared belief in better that makes our approach different.
We Kiwis have a proud tradition of striving for better, which doesn't stop, no matter our age. That's why we're reimagining the retirement living and aged care experience. Because you've always strived for better, so do we.
Take the next step and apply today.